Friday, June 4, 2010

VoiceThread

This is another first for me. After watching the examples, and practicing commenting on my own, I have found this to be a wonderful tool. Using VoiceThread could exponentially enhance the capabilities of the learning potential in a classroom- especially in a virtual classroom, like this one. In a virtual classroom, the teacher would be better able to provide students with lessons and receive feedback from those students quickly so the teacher could address each individual issue. Or in a lecture classroom held at the school, the students could create their own VoiceThread presentations to turn in assignments that are not necessarily pen and paper assignments, and the teacher could give individual feedback, or let the classroom chip in on ideas to improve upon whatever the original VoiceThread was about, that the poster may not yet have considered. There is definitely much that can be done using this program as far as education is concerned.

Once I had decided that I should be a teacher I had never given much thought about why I wanted to do it or what would make me a good one. So, it took me all day, but I finally came up with my answer... and created a video comment. I'll try to include it on this post because I think it would make a good addition to my blog.

I believe the ISTE NETS T Standard that this assignment most closely related to was 1C, which says to "promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students' conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes." And during this project, we reflected on why we wanted to be a teacher as a group using VoiceThread (a collaborative tool), to promote a better understanding of the technological breakthroughs of the decade (specifically VoiceThread) and to brain storm new ways to use them.


Check out Voice Thread Yourself!

My quote for thought:
"The need to know the capital of Florida died when my phone learned the answer." ~Anthony Chevetta

No comments: