Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Google Draw Tool

This is my first experience with Google Draw, or any on-line drawing tool for that matter. The only other drawing tool I ever used was the Paint program that comes standard on the Window's Start Menu. The on-line Google Draw Tool worked better than I had expected because it still allowed me to use the keyboard short-cuts that I was comfortable with from Paint. And I liked the wide array of per-made shapes available, and how easy it was to import a picture to my drawing. I used the upload, import, and Google image search to get the images I wanted to include in my drawing.

The ISTE NETS T standard that I feel most closely relates to this assignment would be 2a .design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity. I think that the use of Google Draw Tool was incorporating digital tools and resources, and it definitely allowed me to express my creativity while learning a new program.

Here is a link to the graphic I created.

And here is my drawing reflecting my typical computer session:


My quote for thought:
"One learns by doing a thing; for though you think you know it, you have no certainty until you try." Sophocles

No comments: