Monday, June 21, 2010

Labels

The cool part of this assignment was learning how to access FSU's FTP site from my home computer. I always thought this was only for the computers at the actual school.
Learning how to manipulate the animations to create labels and buttons was also fascinating, I had never thought about that before. It would be very useful for introducing students to a topic that required memorization because we could show the picture with the labels, hide the labels, and quiz away- then when the students needed reinforcement just click the show labels button and viola! I really got a kick out of this. Anyway, here is a link to my labels PowerPoint.

Boy, this one got me. I tried to figure out why my file wasn't opening, and apparently my copy of Microsoft Office bombed right before I saved? It wouldn't let me change my file name, make any corrections, save again, or do anything in any of the Microsoft programs. I had bought the full version, and it acted like it does when a trial is up- but all of the files I recently made were corrupt. I had to remake it on my mom's computer, but since she only uses windows xp, I had to send it to my brother's computer and get on the ftp site from there. Finally finally finally, I have my file on ftp, and an internet address for it. I am giving up on Microsoft Office 2007 and getting the 2010 version this time, if it will ever let me uninstall the 2007 one. Blahhh.

My quote for thought:
"This is perhaps the most beautiful time in human history; it is really pregnant with all kinds of creative possibilities made possible by science and technology which now constitute the slave of man - if man is not enslaved by it." ~Jonas Salk

For future references, I'm including the address to the FSU FTP site here:
ftp://studentsftp.fairmontstate.edu/

No comments: