Thursday, July 8, 2010

PhotoStory PSA

Oops! My video ran a little long. My first run through was 18 minutes! But, since then I have managed to chop it down to seven. I learned a lot about cyber-bullying that I hadn't realized was as big of an issue as what it is. I am glad that we got to put our own opinions about what can or should be done about it into a public service announcement. Even though this assignment was quite lengthy- it took me 22 hours from start to finish for a 7 minute video- I can appreciate the experience.
As far as Microsoft PhotoStory goes, I am probly not in favor of the program. While there are both pros and cons I feel the cons and the other available programs outweigh the pros of PhotoStory. What I did like was being able to see the movie unfold piece by piece, but it reminded me too much of PowerPoint. I think PowerPoint is probably more practical because you can create each new slide from scratch and import whatever content you want, whereas in PhotoStory, all of the content has to be imported.
All that being said, here is the link to my PhotoStory- Click Here!
Or watch the embedded version of my video below.

Click here to check out YouTUBE or here to get Microsoft PhotoStory for yourself.

My quote for thought:

"We expect teachers to handle teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and the failings of the family. Then we expect them to educate our children." ~John Sculley

No comments: