Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exit Post

Well, I have to admit, I'm glad that yet another class is down, and it's time to enjoy a break until the Fall 2010 Semester Starts up in August. Although this class has been quite extraordinary, I may never have another class quite like this, and I'm glad for the experience. It was good getting to try to learn and teach at the same time. It's something that will probably be a continual event in my career as a Computer Science educator. I will admit that it's not been easy, but it wasn't impossible either, and I appreciate being pushed past the point where most classrooms subsist. And to tell the truth, I probably learned a whole lot more this way. The biggest thing that I learned in this class is that not all classes are the same, and because learning is not black and white, they shouldn't be. It really is something I'm going to take with me in my lesson planning, and how I want to organize the environment of my classroom, to allow my students to engage in learning, creating, inventing, and problem-solving in a manner that can allow students to be independent and follow their own interests to increase their desire and effectiveness of learning. While I think that this class should provide more than 3 credit hours upon completion, it's been a good experience altogether. Plus, I learned a lot about what current digital tools are available that I have missed out on since I had children. My future as a student and an educator has been greatly shaped by the experiences in this class. Thank you, Dr. Peirce.

My final quote for thought:

"Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him." ~Aldous Leonard Huxley, Texts and Pretexts, 1932

1 comment:

Richard J. Pierce said...

Thank you Trixie, I have enjoyed your participation and attitude in class.